If you've been the victim of a serious crime you may be eligible for financial assistance. These grants can help you cover some of the costs when dealing with the aftermath. There's a specific criteria for each grant that must be met and you'll need to supply additional information to qualify.
You can access financial assistance for things like:
- Assistance to attend court, parole, coroners, restorative justice or other hearing
- Some of the costs of dealing with a homicide, death caused by a criminal act or other serious crime
- Trauma counselling following a homicide, death caused by a criminal act or other serious crime
- Funeral costs
- Some of the costs of dealing with sexual violence
- Help if your home is a crime scene and needs cleaning or is cordoned off.
For more information about the types of financial assistance available through Victim Support, download our Financial Assistance Guide:
Click here to find out more about financial support after sexual violence.