Fundraising event ideas
There is a huge variety of different fundraising event ideas. The key thing is to select and activity that suits your community, meets your needs and is not too complex or risky to deliver.
Below is a list of ideas for fundraising events:
- afternoon tea parties: host for donations
- a-thons: keep fit, sport, spell, dance, walk
- bike rides
- book fair/book drives
- candy floss machine at events
- car boot sales
- Christmas ham sales
- Christmas in July
- fancy dress party
- food stands
- garage sales
- market stalls
- movie nights
- quiz nights
- swap shop: with gold coin donations.
Useful tips for fundraising
- choose a fundraising activity that is new and different
- make sure you have enough people resource
- be careful not to overestimate the profits
- make sure funds are banked and coded properly
- keep delivery costs within budget to ensure maximum profit.
Support materials such as Here for You brochures are available. This material helps to reinforce the Victim Support brand.