Approved Counsellor Application
Criteria for application to become a Victim Support Registered Counsellor
· Relevant qualifications to level 5/6 (Diploma) or above (Degree level) on the NZQA Framework
· At least three years experience in trauma and/or grief counselling or specialised training or specialized training in trauma/grief counselling (for homicide/crime work)
· At least two years experience in grief counselling, anxiety or depression work (for natural disaster work)
· Membership of a suitably recognised professional body in New Zealand e.g. NZAC, NZAP
· Professional accreditation if available or applicable
· Meeting professional standards in their own practice by receiving regular clinical supervision from a qualified supervisor.
Counsellors, Psychotherapists and other health professionals who meet these criteria who wish to be approved should complete the attached form and return to: Victim Support, National Quality Manager P O Box 16103 Christchurch 8441 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download application form here
For more information about applying contact the National Quality Manager or your local Victim Support office.